[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12931: Upgrading a Single Site install to MultiSite Install with Subdirs is not safe

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Apr 11 17:55:55 UTC 2010

#12931: Upgrading a Single Site install to MultiSite Install with Subdirs is not
safe
 Reporter:  nacin         |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted
Component:  Multisite     |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  blocker       |    Keywords:  needs-patch
Changes (by nacin):

  * owner:  => nacin
  * status:  new => accepted

Comment:

 Thanks westi for setting up this ticket. We can simply block subdirectory
 installs when the install is new, explain why, and provide for an
 override. We would do this in Tools > Network (network.php). That would
 satisfy the test cases.

 I think using a second constant for the override is fine. Additionally, I
 would think an easy way to define a new install would be 3 > SELECT
 MAX(ID) FROM $wpdb->posts. Thoughts before I proceed?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12931#comment:2>