[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12858: Improve wp_trim_excerpt by separate trim text feature and excerpt specificity

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Apr 5 14:38:12 UTC 2010

#12858: Improve wp_trim_excerpt by separate trim text feature and excerpt
specificity
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  momo360modena  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new
Component:  Formatting     |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal         |    Keywords:  has-patch needs-testing

Comment(by nacin):

 We are in feature freeze for 3.0, nor is this a minor modification.

 We'd be introducing a new function that a major filter would use. It would
 not only need to be thoroughly reviewed, but also analyzed for whether it
 makes sense for the most number of users and developers as written.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12858#comment:3>