[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11964: WP_oEmbed::fetch() doesn't give any results if the provider doesn't support JSON

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Apr 5 08:51:58 UTC 2010

#11964: WP_oEmbed::fetch() doesn't give any results if the provider doesn't support
JSON
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  nbachiyski        |        Owner:  Viper007Bond
     Type:  defect (bug)      |       Status:  closed

Comment(by nbachiyski):

 What is the point of inline docs, which say exactly the same as the
 function definition:

 {{{Parses a json response body.}}}

 vs.

 {{{function _parse_xml( $response_body )}}}

 I like inline docs when they add value, not when they just add clutter.

 Does phpDocumentator show methods starting with underscore, or we have to
 explicitly set the {{{@private}}} directive?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11964#comment:6>