[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10952: Wordpress checks for core/plugin/theme upgrades upon every hit to [almost] any admin page

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Oct 14 22:22:08 UTC 2009

#10952: Wordpress checks for core/plugin/theme upgrades upon every hit to [almost]
any admin page
 Reporter:  archon810     |       Owner:
Component:  Performance   |     Version:  2.8.4
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  reporter-feedback
Changes (by archon810):

 * cc: admin@… (added)

Comment:

 I just stepped through a bunch of code and the problem seems to be that
 the calls to get_transient( 'update_themes' ); and the 2 other similar
 functions return FALSE, every time.

 _maybe_update_themes( )[[br]]
 get_transient( 'update_themes' );[[br]]
 $pre is false[[br]]
 $_wp_using_ext_object_cache is true but I forced it to false to see where
 it's getting the data from[[br]]
 if ( !isset( $alloptions[$transient_option] ) ) is true because
 $transient_option
 "_transient_update_themes" doesn't exist in $alloptions[[br]]
 Then $transient_timeout = "_transient_timeout_update_themes"[[br]]
 get_option($transient_timeout)is false[[br]]
 Then this block runs:
 {{{
 delete_option($transient_option);
 delete_option($transient_timeout);
 return false;
 }}}

 So, it looks like the option doesn't exist in my 2.8.4 and neither does it
 get created or stored. I'd be glad to provide more information.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10952#comment:2>