[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11199: Previewing pages with 'Pending Review' status with Permalinks turned on doesn't work

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Nov 20 15:12:07 UTC 2009

#11199: Previewing pages with 'Pending Review' status with Permalinks turned on
doesn't work
 Reporter:  dj-wp           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.8.5
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  has-patch
 Hi,

 I am running a fresh WordPress install using version 2.8.5. This scenario
 only happens with Permalinks turned on.

 '''Reproducing the bug'''

 1. Click the "Add New" under "Pages" in the admin menu.

 2. Define a title and a content.

 3. Change status to "Pending Review".

 4. Click "Save as Pending".

 5. The "View Page" and "Preview" links do not have the "page_id" GET
 parameter as part of their URLS. Therefore, the page cannot be previewed.

 I have checked the WP trunk and it doesn't seem to have been fixed yet. I
 have modified the core to make it work. Here's a patch for it, it seems to
 be working fine on my install.