[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11065: "add an image" button in "upload/insert" menu in posting screen malfunction. Opens below footer of same page and is positioned out of reach to left off of screen

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Nov 10 21:20:55 UTC 2009

#11065: "add an image" button in "upload/insert" menu in posting screen
malfunction. Opens below footer of same page and is positioned out of reach
to left off of screen
 Reporter:  JohnR123      |       Owner:
Component:  Upload        |     Version:  2.8.5
 Severity:  major         |    Keywords:  reporter-feedback
Changes (by JohnR123):

 * cc: rocheleau@… (added)

Comment:

 This seems to be going nowhere so I have added attachments to this ticket.

 They are two screen shots showing the window I am presented with when
 clicking the image upload button or when trying to install a new plugin
 using the automatic feature (just another upload problem).

 As you can see, in both scenarios, the window opens up below the footer of
 the current page and is offset to the left so that you cannot access it.
 And even when you can access the links in the upload dialogue section, it
 will not work if you are inserting an image into a post. It will only work
 if you are uploading and installing a plugin, provided the links to click
 are within reach on the screen.

 These screenshots are from a fresh install of 2.8.5 with no content added
 and no plugins enabled.

 I am on hold until this is answered. Do I have to switch from WordPress to
 carry on with my web business?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11065#comment:3>