[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9752: conflict: cookies with security features (auth, secure_auth, logged_in, nonce keys)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon May 11 02:54:40 GMT 2009

#9752: conflict: cookies with security features (auth, secure_auth, logged_in,
nonce keys)
 Reporter:  norwat          |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.7.1
 Severity:  major           |    Keywords:  needs-patch dev-feedback reporter-feedback security cookies

Comment(by norwat):

 I am now having the same problem with the security keys removed from my
 config document.  I'm thinking there may be a source that is not related
 to cookies.

 I am using the "Press This" item for some of my posts (in the menu bar of
 the browser).  From time to time, I then go to the admin dashboard to
 alter or add an item.  I thought the problem had to do with cookies (and
 two blogs on same domain), but maybe it is the interaction of "press this"
 and admin log-ins.

 The Problem: WordPress kicks me back to the log-in administration page,
 but I am not logged out of WordPress.  So when I try to log-in, I only get
 to the last previously viewed page, and on my second action get booted
 back to the log-in page.  When I try a different browser ... same thing, I
 am unable to log-in and remain logged in for longer than a single action.

 This is the same problem I wrote about above, but it is happening with no
 security features and also after removing cookies.  There is nothing I can
 do to log-back in to the dashboard, until there is some time that has
 passed (and the server perhaps recognizes a period of inactivity and logs
 me out?).  Sorry, I am a bit confused about the source of the problem, and
 so do not know what to describe where to look for a solution.  But I'm
 definitely having a difficult time with this?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9752#comment:7>