[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9776: Posts with auto-closed comments display link in frontpage instead of "Comments Off"

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat May 9 21:53:56 GMT 2009

#9776: Posts with auto-closed comments display link in frontpage instead of
"Comments Off"
 Reporter:  dangelog      |       Owner:  anonymous
Component:  General       |     Version:  2.7.1
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 I have enabled the "Automatically close comments" feature.

 Posts with no comments that were auto-closed still have the "No Comments"
 link displayed in the frontpage, instead of the correct one, "Comments
 Off". However, if you follow one link (i.e., display the post page), the
 comments for the post are actually closed.

 I believe that comments_popup_link should be somehow fixed. I think it
 uses the admin panel value for the post, which is, even for "expired"
 posts, "allow commments". Instead, it should consider the auto-close
 setting as well and return "Comments Off" even if comments are enabled but
 were automatically closed.

 PS: it would be very helpful if the auto-close feature gets some better
 explanations about how it works. For instance: why "expired" posts still
 have the "Allow comments" flag enabled?