[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9335: Child categories error out as duplicates even if slugs and parent categories are different

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Mar 15 01:54:56 GMT 2009

#9335: Child categories error out as duplicates even if slugs and parent
categories are different
 Reporter:  mofoq           |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.7.1
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:

Comment(by mofoq):

 Replying to [comment:1 zeronex]:

 I tried using an unique slug but it didn't work at least not when creating
 a new one.
 I haven't tried "editing" an existing one though.

 instead, I ended up making a minor "adjustment" in admin-ajax.php, line
 312

 {{{
         if ( category_exists( trim( $_POST['cat_name'] ) ) ) {
                 $x = new WP_Ajax_Response( array(
                         'what' => 'cat',
                         'id' => new WP_Error( 'cat_exists', __('The
 category you are trying to create already exists.'), array( 'form-field'
 => 'cat_name' ) ),
                 ) );
                 $x->send();
         }

         if ( !empty(get_category_by_slug(trim(
 $_POST['category_nicename']))->cat_name) ) {
                 $x = new WP_Ajax_Response( array(
                         'what' => 'cat',
                         'id' => new WP_Error( 'cat_exists', __('The
 category you are trying to create has a slug that already exists. Please
 use an unique slug.' ), array( 'form-field' => 'cat_name' ) ),
                 ) );
                 $x->send();
         }

 }}}

 it basically uses the slug instead and checks to see if it can get a
 category from it (it might be better to change it to check if a cat_id is
 non-empty instead of cat_name)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9335#comment:2>