[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9471: Attachments uploaded before post is saved or autosaved get 0 (zero) for post_parent (instead of temp_id value)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jun 29 22:19:08 GMT 2009

#9471: Attachments uploaded before post is saved or autosaved get 0 (zero) for
post_parent (instead of temp_id value)
 Reporter:  aesqe         |       Owner:  scribu
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted
Component:  Media         |     Version:  2.8
 Severity:  blocker       |    Keywords:  needs-patch

Comment(by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 Actually, the ticket is all about drafts.

 Disable javascript, double shift-click the new post button, so as to get
 the same temp ID on separate posts; open the uploader in a new tab each.
 Save all four in a very short lapse of time to get a race condition, and
 see how it goes with your patch on a remote server (localhost will likely
 work fine no matter what).

 With the UUID approach I'm suggesting, I'm sure it'll work, since the two
 posts will have two separate UUIDs. With your approach, I think it should
 as well, since the logic behind would be mostly the same, and the odds are
 tiny to get a race condition indeed. But there still is a risk.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9471#comment:30>