[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #10280: Comment approval bypassing administrator must always approve comments feature.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 26 20:52:21 GMT 2009

#10280: Comment approval bypassing administrator must always approve comments
feature.
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  JimJordan  |        Type:  enhancement

Comment(by JimJordan):

 Replying to [comment:11 mrmist]:
 > A quick and dirty hack would be to modify wp-includes\comment.php so
 line 428 changes from

 > {{{
 > if ( isset($userdata) && ( $user_id == $post_author ||
 $user->has_cap('moderate_comments') ) ) {
 > }}}

 > {{{
 > if ( isset($userdata) && ( $user->has_cap('moderate_comments') ) ) {
 > }}}
 >
 > Realistically any change to this is more an enhancement, since the
 behavious as is is "correct" in most cases.  I expect it wouldn't be
 impossible to make it configurable as to whether post authors are or are
 not automatically approved.

 Thank You.  I modified the code and tested and it does what I needed.  I
 do understand that I will have to maintain this piece of code until an
 enhancement is made.  Is there anyway that I could be notified when the
 enhancement is completed?
 Again, Thank You Very Much

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10280#comment:12>