[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #10280: Comment approval bypassing administrator must always approve comments feature.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 26 19:54:27 GMT 2009

#10280: Comment approval bypassing administrator must always approve comments
feature.
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  JimJordan          |        Type:  defect (bug)

Comment(by JimJordan):

 Replying to [comment:9 mrmist]:
 > The current logic (in wp_allow_comment) bypasses comment moderation
 requirements for the author of the post.  So in that event the comment
 would be posted without approval.

 > This behaviour has not changed since 2.7.
 In the past, before you had the ability to moderate posts, we had not
 allowed the contributor function.  Now, that it is there we would like to
 use the contributor post function that is moderated, but also moderate any
 comments that they issue.  We are very cautions about something
 inappropriate being entered.  They can be a good poster and then exploit
 the hole and become a bad commentor.
 If there is anything you can do, please help.  If you don't want to modify
 the base product, then tell me what I could change in a php or js script
 to accomplish this. Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10280#comment:10>