[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9471: Attachments uploaded before post is saved or autosaved get 0 (zero) for post_parent (instead of temp_id value)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jun 21 15:44:22 GMT 2009

#9471: Attachments uploaded before post is saved or autosaved get 0 (zero) for
post_parent (instead of temp_id value)
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  aesqe                |        Type:  defect (bug)

Comment(by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 I attached patch that tries to provide a partial fix, by making the
 autosave happen on the fly for new posts.

 One issue I ran into is that thickbox seems to want to fire and load the
 iframe before the autosave has returned an ID. I worked around this by
 disabling the button until autosave is done, but one ends up needing to
 click it twice on drafts without any title or content.

 If anyone knows how to delay an event until the ajax fires...

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9471#comment:13>