[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10134: After upgrade to 2.8, "Other WordPress news" no longer available on the dashboard due to a RSS error

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jun 13 03:09:41 GMT 2009

#10134: After upgrade to 2.8, "Other WordPress news" no longer available on the
dashboard due to a RSS error
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  supersonicsquirrel  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new
Component:  Feeds               |     Version:  2.8
 Severity:  normal              |    Keywords:
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 I have tested this on two different servers, so I do hope I'm not posting
 something that nobody else has as a problem.

 I have upgraded to 2.8 immediately when it was out. Ever since then, the
 planet news on the dashboard return the following error:

 {{{
 RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: 0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed:
 Name or service not known
 }}}

 Cleaning all the _transient_timeout_feed options did not help, so I assume
 this is a bug.