[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10130: WordPress 2.8 Posting - Suggested tags list adds partial tag when selecting suggested tag with Enter key

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 12 18:23:54 GMT 2009

#10130: WordPress 2.8 Posting - Suggested tags list adds partial tag when selecting
suggested tag with Enter key
 Reporter:  phthomas      |       Owner:
Component:  General       |     Version:  2.8
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  tag, post
 In 2.7.1 when entering tags for your post, you were able to type a partial
 tag, use the up or down arrow keys to select the suggested tag and press
 enter with the desired suggestion highlighted and it would add that tag to
 your post.

 In 2.8 when you use the same method, it places the partial typing in the
 tags list and places the suggestion in the tag entry box rather than
 replacing the partial typing altogether.

 Example:
 If I wanted to use the tag "foobar" for my post and I entered "foo" in the
 entry box and WP listed "foobar" in the suggestions, I would use the arrow
 keys to highlight "foobar" in the list and press enter to select "foobar".

 In 2.7 & 2.7.1, this action would clear the tag entry box and place
 "foobar" in the tag list.

 In 2.8, this action adds "foo" to the tag list and places "foobar," in the
 tag entry box.

 Browser: Firefox 3.0.10
 OS: Ubuntu 9.04