[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10437: Post edit UI : better control and choice of add_meta_box of registered post taxonomies

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jul 18 19:57:08 UTC 2009

#10437: Post edit UI : better control and choice of add_meta_box of registered post
taxonomies
 Reporter:  michelwppi      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.8
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  needs-patch
Changes (by michelwppi):

 * cc: michelwppi (added)

Comment:

 As you invite me - I add 'label'  and set it to false when registering of
 taxonomy - as here in xili-language plugin :

 {{{
 /* add new taxonomy in available taxonomies */
                 register_taxonomy( TAXONAME, 'post',array('hierarchical'
 => false, 'label'=>false, 'rewrite' => false, 'update_count_callback' =>
 array(&$this,'_update_post_lang_count')));
 }}}

 And it works... Thanks

 In  edit-form-advanced.php today :
 As we say in french "c'est vraiment tordu" because creating a meta box
 with a false label and in fact don't display the box ... I think it was
 better and logical to limit the loop before adding the meta box...
 Enhancement needed and adding doc about this property label (cited 6 times
 in taxonomy.php)

 Best regards
 Michel
 [http://dev.xiligroup.com]