[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10427: The 'recent comments' widget needs to flush its cache on transition_comment_status events

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jul 16 20:29:21 UTC 2009

#10427: The 'recent comments' widget needs to flush its cache on
transition_comment_status events
 Reporter:  josephscott   |       Owner:  azaozz
Component:  Widgets       |     Version:  2.8.1
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  has-patch
 The WP iPhone app uses the wp.editComment XML-RPC method to change the
 status of a comment.  This uses the core wp_update_comment() function to
 do the actual updates to a comment.  Which in turn calls the
 wp_transition_comment_status() function to trigger hooks that are watching
 for comment status changes.

 Currently the recent comment widget only clears the cache on comment_post
 and wp_set_comment_status events.  So comments that get their status
 changed through wp_update_comment() don't cause the recent comments widget
 cache to get updated.  To solve this here is my one line patch that adds
 transition_comment_status to the list of actions that cause the recent
 comments widget cache to get updated.

 As a side note, I think that we could remove the wp_set_comment_status
 action from the flush cache list for this widget.  That event should get
 caught by the transition_comment_status action as well.  I didn't not
 verify that this was case though, so I did not remove that line in my
 patch.