[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #8988: When accessing admin dashboard over https the use of gravatars makes the security appear broken

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jan 29 11:39:20 GMT 2009

#8988: When accessing admin dashboard over https the use of gravatars makes the
security appear broken
 Reporter:  Mossop          |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  minor           |    Keywords:
 I have FORCE_SSL_ADMIN and FORCE_SSL_LOGIN set to true for security
 however because the gravatars in the recent comments on the dashboard are
 requested over http it makes the security appear broken.

 When accessing the dashboard over https I think it should either hide the
 gravatars or just serve a generic image from the wordpress install itself
 that could be served over https since gravatar doesn't seem to offer https
 support.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8988>