[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9194: Support XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD by Changing code from Target="_blank" -TO- onclick="window.open(this.href); return false; " (was: Change code from Target="_blank" -TO- onclick="window.open(this.href); return false; ")

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Feb 20 22:29:47 GMT 2009

#9194: Support XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD by Changing code from Target="_blank" -TO-
onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;"
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Kenv             |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Component:  Validation       |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:  needs-patch 2nd-opinion
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
Changes (by DD32):

  * keywords:  Target=, _blank, => needs-patch 2nd-opinion
  * type:  defect (bug) => feature request
  * milestone:  2.8 => 2.9

Comment:

 Feature Request: To support the XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD

 I'm moving to 2.9 for later consideration, I dont see this going into 2.8
 (or for that matter, at all in the near future) - simply for the fact of
 replacing valid markup(in more common DTD's) with JavaScript which
 shouldnt really be needed.

 However, To achieve this sort of thing, You'd be wanting to add a filter
 on the output of the image functions, If theres not already one, adding
 one to allow this should be possible, I'm not sure if there is one, and
 i'd not know where to look right now. However, I'm going to say that i
 doubt many other WP functions would pass Validation with the Strict DTD.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9194#comment:1>