[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9188: Publishing Pages really slow (minutes > does not finish) Reproducable

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Feb 20 09:58:20 GMT 2009

#9188: Publishing Pages really slow (minutes > does not finish) Reproducable
 Reporter:  lummie.co.uk  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  new      
 Priority:  normal        |   Milestone:  2.8      
Component:  General       |     Version:  2.7      
 Severity:  major         |    Keywords:           
 Ok, This is a weird one. I've been having problems with publishing /
 updating certain posts/pages on two of my sites (on different servers but
 same hoster). When I update the page or copy the html to a new page, the
 publish/update never finishes, if I stop it using the stop button or
 navigate away, I end up with half a post, (not stopping at any particular
 point). After hours of investigation, and reading other peoples problems
 with 2.7.1 being slow... I have a reproducable case on my blog.

 I don't have ssh access to the server unfortunately, but I did enable
 wp_debug and that didn't show up anything.

 Here ([http://netoxide.co.uk/wpbug.zip] http://netoxide.co.uk/wpbug.zip)
 is a zip file containing two text files.

 Open works.txt in an editor, copy all the text, in wordpress create a new
 PAGE (haven't tested it with new post) in html view paste the text in,
 give it a title of 'works' and publish. Within a couple of seconds, the
 page should be published.

 Now do the same thing but with fails.txt, copy the contents, create a new
 PAGE, title it 'fails', paste in the text and publish it.
 On my server this sits there forever, until you get bored and stop it.

 Now, I can here you crying out there must be something wrong with my
 server. Maybe so. But here is the WEIRD BIT:

 Copy the fails.txt, create a new PAGE and give it a title 'fails2', all
 the same as before.
 Now before you publish, there are a list of LI elements, about the 4th
 The first li element reads "How about a blog, that you can add to from

 change the word 'from' to 'frox' (yup that's right change the m to a x)

 On my server the page will now publish no problem.

 I asked on the forum for someone else to attempt to replicate this but
 didn't get any feedback so far.

 I have had this problem on another site, but haven't had chance to narrow
 down the cause by removing blocks of text until it works.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9188>
WordPress Trac <http://trac.wordpress.org/>
WordPress blogging software

More information about the wp-trac mailing list