[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9015: Proposal: A new theme based around Modern WordPress which is designed to be simple, customizable, and something to base themes off

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Feb 2 19:08:52 GMT 2009

#9015: Proposal: A new theme based around Modern WordPress which is designed to be
simple, customizable, and something to base themes off
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  DD32             |        Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |       Status:  new
Comment (by JohnMyr):

 I`d like to throw in my two cents in this discussion:

 WordPress should come with a very well documented theme framework with
 child themes for several audiences. A blog theme, a "cms" page-centric
 theme, a news style theme and a photoblog child theme.

 There are many great theme frameworks out there, but the default that
 shipes with WordPress should set a new standard in theme framework
 documentation, for both "experts" and novices. Better documentation than
 its possible for a single or three theme developers to make for free on
 spare time, with documentation in the codex, in wordpress.tv and maybe in
 a new opensource e-book as planned with WordPress.

 Matt: I believe you came with some photoblog promises in your new year
 post...

 There are so many dull, boring Kubrick blogs out there, with little or bad
 content making the impression that WordPress is also dull....

 John Myrstad

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9015#comment:7>