[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9015: Proposal: A new theme based around Modern WordPress which is designed to be simple, customizable, and something to base themes off

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Feb 2 12:03:24 GMT 2009

#9015: Proposal: A new theme based around Modern WordPress which is designed to be
simple, customizable, and something to base themes off
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  DD32             |        Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |       Status:  new
Comment (by Viper007Bond):

 As I mentioned to DD32 on IRC,  I am strongly in favor of this. I have no
 problems with Kubrick and infact I like it a lot, but for a user looking
 to create their own theme, Kubrick isn't a great base for a variety of
 reasons. Tons of people use it as a base anyway though for their unique
 looking themes and we should help them avoid doing that.

 Bundling a "want to make your own theme? then check this one out" theme
 with !WordPress would greatly assist users new to !WordPress in both how
 it should be done and so forth.

 I have been looking for !WordPress tickets to take on lately and while I
 have absolutely no eye for design, I do have a ton of experience when it
 comes to the coding of themes. '''So sign me up for this if it gets the go
 ahead''' and if any designers (Matt Thomas perhaps?) want to knock out the
 HTML/CSS. I'd be happy to do the rest.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9015#comment:3>