[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9014: "auto-close comments older then X days" to "auto-close comments after X days of inactivity"

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Feb 2 03:36:53 GMT 2009

#9014: "auto-close comments older then X days" to "auto-close comments after X
days of inactivity"
 Reporter:  jdingman        |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  dev-feedback needs-patch
 So here's the situation.

 Let's say someone has a post that is REALLY REALLY REALLY popular and it's
 active even days or weeks PAST the day you set to auto-close comments.  I
 think it would make more sense to close comments only after a post has
 been inactive for more than X days, rather than cutting it off completely
 even if it's still active.

 Sure, someone will likely set it really high if they have active posts,
 but sometimes a post becomes active a lot later, which could be closer to
 the date that the author set.

 I'm recommending that the auto-close comments feature be changed to auto-
 close comments X days after inactivity, aka, no more comments have been
 made.  This way it can more effectively keep communication open on the
 blog.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9014>