[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11547: Trouble with uploaded via Media Library files with non-latin characters in name

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Dec 28 07:49:26 UTC 2009

#11547: Trouble with uploaded via Media Library files with non-latin characters in
name
 Reporter:  ogonkov       |       Owner:  hakre
Component:  Charset       |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  media library, utf-8, upload

Comment(by ogonkov):

 Server with this installation of WP is shared hosting, running on FreeBSD
 6.2-RELEASE-p3 (this how it's showed on SSH connection). Don't sure what
 you mean under filename encoding, it's originally Cyrillic images, created
 on Win XP, so i think it's a CP1251. Also, i will use
 http://www.artlebedev.ru/tools/decoder/ to check filenames, and it's also
 shown that name are converted from CP1251 to UTF8.

 In Media library file names listed correctly.
 ---
 I will move my old WP install from old shared server to new VPS, thats
 when i spot this trouble.

 On new server wrong filenames are OK now, only trouble i got is missed
 images thumbnails (and starnge filenames on server), but when i go to
 'edit image' mode, image present smoothly. If i convert filename to proper
 on server, then WP didn't see it and got me 404 error.

 I will add default UTF8 to my .htaccess (in the root of my site), to fix
 some other troubles with Cyrillic encoding in admin (inline edit of Entry
 link, for example, or popups with additional info of themes and plug-ins).

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11547#comment:5>