[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11219: could not be converted to UTF-8 / WordPress should cache failed feed fetches so as to avoid overloading feed sources (was: WordPress should cache failed feed fetches so as to avoid overloading feed sources)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Dec 20 18:18:50 UTC 2009

#11219: could not be converted to UTF-8 / WordPress should cache failed feed
fetches so as to avoid overloading feed sources
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Component:  Optimization       |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  normal             |    Keywords:  needs-patch
Description changed by Denis-de-Bernardy:

Old description:

> In some situations SimplePie cannot parse a feed due to it being
> malformed we should cache that feed so as to not DOS servers.

New description:

 SimplePie should not fail to convert UTF-8 to UTF-8.

 Also, in some situations SimplePie cannot parse a feed due to it being
 malformed we should cache that feed so as to not DOS servers.

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11219#comment:12>