[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11470: Don't have wp_delete_post and wp_delete_attachment trash the item by default

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Dec 17 11:54:06 UTC 2009

#11470: Don't have wp_delete_post and wp_delete_attachment trash the item by
default
 Reporter:  nacin         |       Owner:
Component:  Trash         |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  dev-feedback

Comment(by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:5 caesarsgrunt]:
 > I think all the wp_delete_* functions should call wp_trash_* ...

 Then we don't really need all the wp_trash_*, just need to merge them into
 the wp_delete_* or perhaps can keep them as wrappers. No point in having
 two different functions do exactly the same thing and cross-call each
 other.

 In any case we will have to revisit this in 3.0 to make it compatible with
 custom post types. Seems we can have one general function that would
 delete any post and few wrappers for back-compat, including a private
 function to handle attachments probably added by a filter/action.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11470#comment:6>