[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10555: number_format_i18n function doesn't check if the number is float or not before doing the formating

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Dec 13 00:22:38 UTC 2009

#10555: number_format_i18n function doesn't check if the number is float or not
before doing the formating
 Reporter:  chombium      |       Owner:  nbachiyski
Component:  i18n          |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  has-patch needs-testing early
Changes (by westi):

 * cc: westi (added)
  * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => has-patch needs-testing early
  * milestone:  2.9 => 3.0

Comment:

 Ok.

 So the issue here is that if you specify the number of significant figures
 to show for a particular locale then that is used regardless of whether or
 not the number is a float.

 I think at present everything we format is an integer hence the
 recommendation to stick with 0 for the value in the translation file.

 I have an alternative patch for this but I think the best solution for you
 for 2.9 is to stick with 0 in the translation file like the other
 translators do and we can look at what to change here early in 3.0 - I
 wonder whether or not this value should be offered up for translation at
 all as it is doesn't feel like a locale issue how many significant figures
 are displayed

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10555#comment:3>