[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10609: WP writes htaccess file in account root when changing the URL in the admin area

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Aug 18 17:03:22 UTC 2009

#10609: WP writes htaccess file in account root when changing the URL in the admin
area
 Reporter:  pyxis630        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.8.4
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:

Comment(by pyxis630):

 So WordPress address (URL) and Blog address (URL) should be the other way
 around you are saying? This is a bit confusing then but this is not what I
 tried to do in the first place. I just found this when testing.

 The original issue was that the WordPress address (URL) and Blog address
 (URL) have been set during build out of the site to a temporary address
 (both the same value). In this case it was the IP address. Before the A
 record of the domain was switched to point to the new location I changed
 WordPress address (URL) and Blog address (URL) to the final URL in the
 format http://site.com. Again, both had the exact same value. In this case
 this error should not have happened. Is that correct?

 I recreated the scenario, set my test blog to use an IP address
 (127.0.0.5) and then changed it to the URL (http://site.com). In this case
 it looks like it is running both portions of the function, the if and the
 else. See the attached file function_and_output.txt I added some code to
 print out the variables at different times when this function is used. The
 result shows what happens when the URL was changed from the IP address to
 the URL, both at the same time.

 Does the above cover your request "Can you test it while it has home ===
 siteurl?"?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10609#comment:11>