[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9077: add a note that the URI counter doesn't include the poster's URI in the count

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Apr 29 18:12:03 GMT 2009

#9077: add a note that the URI counter doesn't include the poster's URI in the
count
 Reporter:  jidanni         |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect (bug)    |       Status:  closed
Changes (by hakre):

  * keywords:  needs-patch reporter-feedback =>
  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => worksforme

Comment:

 I think all this is a simple missunderstanding. The comment on the site
 jidanni was referring to just has the text for clarification. That is a
 super-sugar-surplus-information. To tell you the truth, I never thought
 that the homepagelink counts. I assume this is more or less an
 documentation issue. As already written in help text for that input
 element: "Hold a comment in the queue if it contains [_2_] or more links.
 ". It is clearly spoken here that it counts the link in the comment (not
 in the comment-posters meta data).

 Clarification must then not be given in the UI but this might be a nice
 info to have in codex: http://codex.wordpress.org/Comment_Moderation

 Since it is documented here and everybody can edit codex, I close this as
 worksforme.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9077#comment:7>