[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8597: Submenu highlighting in ACP By URI/Query to highlight correctly for some plugins

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Apr 28 11:10:48 GMT 2009

#8597: Submenu highlighting in ACP By URI/Query to highlight correctly for some
plugins
 Reporter:  ixiter        |        Owner:  westi
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  closed
Changes (by hakre):

  * status:  assigned => closed
  * resolution:  => worksforme

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:6 Denis-de-Bernardy]:
 > big wontfix on this one.
 >
 > my issue with the suggested patch is it'll work with statspress and
 others, but not necessarily other plugins that might toss the arguments in
 a random order.

 This was not a patch. This was just a demonstration that submenu entries
 work. I re-tested it right now. It works with 2.8 Bleeding and 2.7 alpha.
 Random order works as long as the first parameter is set properly (page
 parameter). That one is used to signal wordpress's menu which item to
 hightlight. This demonstrates that the Bugreport is Invalid.

 > further, any patch is bound to fail with a plugin that defines a new
 type of data and passes the ID of the data in the url. picture something
 like:

 > admin.php?page=edit_product.php&id=2

 works with no problems: admin.php?page=edit_product.php?ppage=2&id=2

 > anything short of using something other than the file is bound to fail.
 "my-plugin" should be used as the "file" instead of the FILE constant.

 it is a constant, therefore you can exchange it with another constant
 value. no problem with that.

 To make my statement clear I will close this Report as waorksforme. Feel
 free to proof the opposite and reopen then when you got more infos. As
 demonstrated with the test plugin, this is not a bug.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8597#comment:8>