[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3727: WP->parse_request() won't replace $pathinfo when $req_uri contains any %## encoding character.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Apr 28 01:55:20 GMT 2009

#3727: WP->parse_request() won't replace $pathinfo when $req_uri contains any %##
encoding character.
 Reporter:  Kirin_Lin     |        Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  closed
Changes (by hakre):

  * keywords:  needs-patch dev-feedback =>
  * status:  reopened => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 i've taken a look through WP::parse_request(); and I must assume that it
 should handle IRI-Encoded URLs now properly. I do not fully understand why
 this all did not work with %postname% that time but with the current 2.7 /
 2.8 version, %postname% is properly used in URLs even with UTF-8. I
 checked that with the UTF-8 css classnames ticket #8446.

 WP->parse_request() is currently using rawurldecode() and is using it only
 on the path of the URI, not the query-info-part. That looks like a safe
 way of doing the IRI-Decoding to me.

 This is fixed, %postname% can be used with utf-8 characters beyond 7bit
 ascii.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3727#comment:44>