[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8597: Submenu highlighting in ACP By URI/Query to highlight correctly for some plugins

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Apr 18 13:49:56 GMT 2009

#8597: Submenu highlighting in ACP By URI/Query to highlight correctly for some
plugins
 Reporter:  ixiter        |       Owner:  westi
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned
Component:  General       |     Version:
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
Changes (by Denis-de-Bernardy):

  * keywords:  reporter-feedback =>

Comment:

 big wontfix on this one.

 my issue with the suggested patch is it'll work with statspress and
 others, but not necessarily other plugins that might toss the arguments in
 a random order.

 further, any patch is bound to fail with a plugin that defines a new type
 of data and passes the ID of the data in the url. picture something like:

 admin.php?page=edit_product.php&id=2

 anything short of using something other than the file is bound to fail.
 "my-plugin" should be used as the "file" instead of the FILE constant.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8597#comment:6>