[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8107: get_next_post, get_previous_post do not work for posts posted within same second

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Apr 17 08:48:57 GMT 2009

#8107: get_next_post, get_previous_post do not work for posts posted within same
second
 Reporter:  whoismanu     |       Owner:  anonymous
Component:  Template      |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  minor         |    Keywords:  needs-patch
Changes (by Viper007Bond):

  * component:  General => Template
  * severity:  normal => minor

Comment:

 Ooof, unless I'm missing something, this is a tricky patch.

 The trick is to change the older/newer operator to older/newer OR exact
 same time AND not the same post ID. That makes the same-time post show up
 in the next/prev links, but the problem is you then get stuck in a loop,
 i.e. you go from post A to post B and back to post A. You also can't do a
 less-than/greater-than on the ID because IDs don't necessarily correspond
 to the datetime (i.e. you could have older posts with IDs both higher and
 lower than the current post).

 As I said, seems to be pretty hard to get it not stuck in a loop.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8107#comment:2>