[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9015: Proposal: A new theme based around Modern WordPress which is designed to be simple, customizable, and something to base themes off

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Apr 15 15:45:54 GMT 2009

#9015: Proposal: A new theme based around Modern WordPress which is designed to be
simple, customizable, and something to base themes off
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  DD32             |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Component:  Themes           |     Version:
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:  dev-feedback
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
Changes (by crondeau):

 * cc: crondeau (added)

Comment:

 Lloyd Budd sent me a link to this post yesterday... I wish I had seen this
 before and would have offered my help. I just launched a series of
 templates yesterday that address this needs. I haven't even announced it
 yet, but was asking Lloyd what he thought. The site is [http://www
 .framework-templates.com].

 The reason I put these together is because I'm teaching this summer to a
 group of Web developers who have so far learned Dreamweaver, CSS and HTML.
 The next part of the course was to focus on a CMS and WordPress was
 suggested. In order to get ready for them, I thought I would clean up the
 templates that I use. I too felt very frustrated with Kubric when I
 started and felt like minimalist templates where one can just add their
 design would be good to have.

 I don't think that these templates are compete by any means. For example,
 I don't think that they support threaded comments, but maybe they would be
 a good starting ground? I would be happy to contribute to this if needed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9015#comment:16>