[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7667: Ooyala.com Flash Player fails to load in published WP Post pages being views in Internet Explorer (IE7)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Sep 1 14:10:21 GMT 2008

#7667: Ooyala.com Flash Player fails to load in published WP Post pages being
views in Internet Explorer (IE7)
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bigaqua        |       Owner:  matt
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  new
Component:  WordPress.org  |     Version:  2.6.1
 Severity:  major          |    Keywords:  flash player, embed, Internet explorer, load, ooyala
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 There are issues getting flash videos served by ooyala.com flash player
 embedded in WP (.org install) to play in all browsers. This may related to
 a more global issue with embedding some versions of flash players directly
 inside Wordpress posts. The issue is most pronounced with in IE7 (maybe
 IE6 too). Videos DO play in Firefox (all recent versions) on both windows
 and mac and Safari.

 Two behaviors have been noted:
 1. player fails to load (this issue is most pronounced in Internet
 Explorer)
 2 player preview image fails to load but the player still functions (this
 issue occurs randomly in all browsers tested)

 The flash video failure occurs most consistently on "post" pages. I have
 been working on this for some time and have searched google and the WP
 codex. Ooyala.com is also aware but insists the problem is with the
 Wordpress coding. As an additional point of reference, the WP codex
 describes a javascript failure issue at:
 http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Javascript - so this may or may not be a
 similar the area of concern.

 Example page with the ooyala video embedded in a post is at:
 http://woodtreks.com/use-a-smoothing-plane-for-the-perfect-finish/139/
 (this sample embed is in a WP 2.6 install)

 Note: To eliminate the possibility of plugin or theme variables or
 outdated WP version, I have a staging site where I have upgraded to 2.6.1,
 where all plugins are turned off and where the standard "classic" theme is
 running. The same IE player loading problem still persists. Please contact
 me directly if you need access to this staging area for testing.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7667>