[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7994: Language files for TinyMCE dialogs aren't loaded for official TinyMCE plugins (like advlink)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Oct 28 16:02:54 GMT 2008

#7994: Language files for TinyMCE dialogs aren't loaded for official TinyMCE
plugins (like advlink)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnconners  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
Component:  TinyMCE      |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 I use a WordPress plugin I've written that adds a few TinyMCE plugins not
 installed as standard by WP. I noticed that [9353] prevents the strings
 being loaded for the plugins that have popups. Attached is a screenshot of
 the advlink popup in action showing the problem.

 Unwinding [9353] corrects the problem so I can confirm that's the
 changeset that introduces the behaviour.

 The advlink plugin (along the other TinyMCE plugins that have popup
 dialogs I've looked at) have in the 'langs' subfolder 'en_dlg.js'. If I
 rename that file to 'en.js' and reload WP then when I click the link
 button while editing a post the language strings are loaded properly.

 I can see in [9353] that while en.js is searched for, en_dlg.js isn't.
 Worth noting that some plugins have both en.js and en_dlg.js.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7994>