[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #7395: Plugins within a folder (in SVN) should be moved up a level in our plugin upgrader

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Oct 24 13:43:50 GMT 2008

#7395: Plugins within a folder (in SVN) should be moved up a level in our plugin
upgrader
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement     |       Status:  new
Changes (by DD32):

  * keywords:  => has-patch
  * milestone:  2.8 => 2.7

Comment:

 > attachment 7395.diff added.
  * Locates the best plugin directory to copy the plugin from
  * prefixes an extra directory to the unzip process if the zip does not
 contain a folder which the plugin is in

 Its an enhancement/defect, But its needed for the plugin zip uploader, So
 i'm going to push for it in 2.7?

 There is a issue with the functionality at present however; If you attempt
 it with a plugin which does not use the correct SVN layout (eg:
 http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/micromint/ ), then extra files end up
 in the wp-content/plugins/ folder, in this case, the screen shots and
 readme. But it should be noted, that the plugin doesnt work with the
 upgrader or installer at present anyway.

 I'll look into that problem tomorrow, see if i can work around it by
 ignoring files not in the plugins folder perhaps.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7395#comment:5>