[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #7395: Plugins within a folder (in SVN) should be moved up a level in our plugin upgrader

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Oct 17 02:48:38 GMT 2008

#7395: Plugins within a folder (in SVN) should be moved up a level in our plugin
upgrader
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement     |       Status:  new
Comment (by DD32):

 This is rather needed by the plugin uploader; Unless the .zip file is
 exactly alike the wordpress.org archives, it'll get installed, but
 potentially in the wrong locations, and the end result will be files exist
 on the server which do not appear on the plugins list.

 While its not a problem for plugins downloaded from wordpress.org, it is a
 problem for all the plugin archives out there which do not fit.

 My solution for this ticket is along the lines of:
 {{{
 * Search for all .php files in the unpacked archive
 * check for plugin details in all files
 * find the plugin file thats lowest in the directory structure
 * copy the folder based on dirname($plugin_file) from previous step
 * if dirname($plugin_file) == '.', Set it to copy from a directory lower
 than the contents of the zip (it'll be a folder based on the wordpress.org
 slug, or the uploaded zip filename)
 }}}

 But i havnt implemented that yet. It depends on if its felt that leaving
 the plugin uploader as it is for 2.7 is ok, or if this really needs to be
 implemented for it. (My vote is that it needs implementing, but not too
 sure on the timeframe on my behalf, so someone else doing it would be nice
 for sure :))

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7395#comment:4>