[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #7859: weighted category cloud and tag cloud instead of lists to choose categories and tags in the backend

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Oct 14 23:16:35 GMT 2008

#7859: weighted category cloud and tag cloud instead of lists to choose categories
and tags in the backend
------------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  youngmicroserf                            |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement                               |       Status:  new
Comment (by youngmicroserf):

 Replying to [comment:2 ryan]:
 > See the wireframes, we have something similar in mind.
 >
 > http://wpdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/wf-
 dashboard_v002_093008jw.pdf

 I checked the wireframes, thanks. A "popular tags" cloud is only proposed
 on the tag screen. And it doesn't propose inline editing but loading of
 the edit page. If possible, I'd at least propose to do a category cloud
 with a similar functionality as the tag one. But I think from a UI
 experience point of view inline editing is preferable to the edit screen.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7859#comment:3>