[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8329: “Publish” in metabox caption is verb in imperative mood and same as command “Publish”: Not good!

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Nov 24 19:56:58 GMT 2008

#8329: “Publish” in metabox caption is verb in imperative mood and same as command
“Publish”:  Not good!
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  demetris  |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect    |       Status:  new
Comment (by mrmist):

 I don't see a great need to change this.  To Publish is the box's primary
 purpose.   Status is no better than Publish, and in fact is (for me at
 least) a bit worse, because I would rarely use any of the functionality in
 the box other than the Publish button.

 If I were to do anything with the box, I'd collapse it completely, and
 call it "Publishing Options" with the Publish button itself extracted out
 on its own. All of which would be 2.8 I guess.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8329#comment:3>