[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #8329: “Publish” in metabox caption is verb in imperative mood and same as command “Publish”: Not good!

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Nov 24 07:42:16 GMT 2008

#8329: “Publish” in metabox caption is verb in imperative mood and same as command
“Publish”:  Not good!
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  demetris  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
Component:  General   |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  normal    |    Keywords:
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 This should not be a verb in imperative mood since it is not a command to
 publish.

 (I sometimes find myself approaching the area, in order to click Save
 Draft, and then retreating fast as soon as my eye catches the verb
 “Publish” nearby.)

 Some alternative ideas:

  * Publishing
  * Publish Status (used in 2.6 -- sounds a bit clumsy to me)
  * Content State (used in Habari 0.6 -- has exactness but sounds a bit
 clinical to me)

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8329>