[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #5316: Extend options.php to allow deletion, Viewing of Serialized, And grouping options

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat May 17 05:01:03 GMT 2008

#5316: Extend options.php to allow deletion, Viewing of Serialized, And grouping
options
--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  DD32                            |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement                     |       Status:  new
Changes (by DD32):

  * version:  2.5 => 2.6

Comment:

 Been playing around again, And scraped some of the ideas of this ticket.

 Last time around when playing with Jeditable i found it wasnt really
 suited to the job that well, Since most of the fields are editable, it
 makes sense that the user should see textboxes for editing, rather than
 having to click to edit.

 I'm adding a patch in a moment that allows:
  * Filtering of the table to only show rows matching a certain phrase
  * Allows Deletion of options via checkbox
  * Allows multiple checkbox's to be selected via Shift+select from the
 admin-forms JS
  * Javascript degrades into normal page reloading.

 Things to note:
  * The checkAll() and shift+select range javascripts from admin-forms were
 modified to only check checkbox's in visible rows
    * Shouldnt affect any other uses of the admin-forms JS as they're only
 dealing with visible table rows anyway.
  * Added UI Table Filter script from
 http://gregweber.info/projects/uitablefilter (Dual Licenced under MIT and
 GPL)
    * I found that the script filtering to an empty phrase could be slow,
 So i've added a branch in the custom code to use my own routine.
    * Only filters to a search when the phrase is > 2 char in JS mode
  * Inline Javascript from the options page could be moved to an external
 script
  * No viewing of Serialised data, Yet. Unsure of what to do in those cases
 as currently it may be too hard to allow editing of such data
    * Simple arrays shouldnt be too hard, But more complex objects and
 nested arrays can be difficult

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5316#comment:6>