[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6473: Wordpress 2.5 fails to allow file uploads if you use .htaccess to secure wp-admin

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Mar 31 16:08:33 GMT 2008

#6473: Wordpress 2.5 fails to allow file uploads if you use .htaccess to secure
wp-admin
 Reporter:  hexley          |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |       Status:  new
Comment (by hexley):

 I am confused about setting this to 2.6, seems a long way out.  Look at
 the thread linked ab uploader ove, most are resorting to disabling mod
 sec, and I have a feeling they have no idea what they are disabling.

 This is saying we should all no longer follow the numerous posts out there
 to secure your ap-admin area, and rely on the built in security of a wp
 login and pass form.

 Is this a confirmation that my analysis of the bug is correct in that the
 auth'd credentials are not getting passed to the flash?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6473#comment:2>