[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7129: Installer has incorrect URL for CSS when WordPress is in a subdirectory of the domain

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jun 12 15:05:26 GMT 2008

#7129: Installer has incorrect URL for CSS when WordPress is in a subdirectory of
the domain
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sambauers  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
Component:  General    |     Version:  2.6
 Severity:  major      |    Keywords:  has-patch, installer, script-loader
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 The installer loses the correct URL for the CSS files when WordPress is
 being installed in a sub-directory of the domain.

 This is because site_url() returns nothing during install and the script
 loaders rely on site_url() to determine the full url to the CSS.

 I have borrowed the URL guessing routines from elsewhere in the
 installer/updgrader to create a new function wp_guess_url().

 I have applied this to all places where the URL is guessed (that I could
 find) to de-dupe the regexp code.

 I'm not sure if this is occuring in the 2.5 branch, but it is happening in
 trunk.

 Patch included.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7129>