[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6938: Allow wp-content directory to exist in a custom location (not relative to ABSPATH)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jun 10 00:17:24 GMT 2008

#6938: Allow wp-content directory to exist in a custom location (not relative to
ABSPATH)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sambauers    |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement  |       Status:  new
Comment (by sambauers):

 Replying to [comment:20 nbachiyski]:
 > There are a lot of plugins using it, so I think we should at least
 support it for one more version. We can add another argument, which
 represents path, relative to {{{WP_PLUGIN_DIR}}} and urge developers to
 use it. In 2.7 we will switch top the new way only.

 Probably no pressing need to deprecate the old way. It is nice to give the
 flexibility to use ABSPATH as well as WP_PLUGIN_DIR.

 See notes on #7075 which this patch fixes.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6938#comment:22>