[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7102: new password field is filled automatically even when you dont want to change password

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jun 5 17:23:32 GMT 2008

#7102: new password field is filled automatically even when you dont want to
change password
 Reporter:  k0rp0rate       |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:
 I did some testing installations of wp 2.5.2 alpha and I found that in
 certain cases (without apparently any difference in php/server versions).
 When you go to your profile to simply view it (or change anything) the
 first of two 'new password' fields are always filled.

 So if you want to change something in the profile, BUT NOT the password,
 you must delete all the characters from that field because if not you will
 get a error message (about you must put the password twice).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7102>