[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7324: X-Pingback header sent despite disabled xml-rpc interface and trackbacks/pingbacks

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Jul 16 15:11:55 GMT 2008

#7324: X-Pingback header sent despite disabled xml-rpc interface and
trackbacks/pingbacks
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  TobiasBg  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
Component:  XML-RPC   |     Version:  2.6
 Severity:  normal    |    Keywords:  x-pingback,header,xml-rpc,trackback,pingback
 I have disabled (unchecked) the use of the XML-RPC interface under options
 -> writing, as well as the Atom protocol.
 Additionally I have disabled pingbacks/trackbacks from other sites under
 options -> discussion.

 Despite this, my WP 2.6 will send the following header (shortened the
 irrelevant data). Notice the X-pingback:

 {{{
 HTTP/1.1 200 OK