[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #6938: Allow wp-content directory to exist in a custom location (not relative to ABSPATH)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jul 4 07:56:56 GMT 2008

#6938: Allow wp-content directory to exist in a custom location (not relative to
ABSPATH)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sambauers    |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement  |       Status:  new
Comment (by lilyfan):

 A Better way could just to get Plugin authors to run ajax via admin-
 ajax.php(I do this for admin-related ajax),

 This solution is good for Ajax plugins. But Ajax is an example of
 including wp-load.php/wp-config.php.
 There is many plugins that includes wp-config.php for other purpose.

 For example, I developed a mobile plugin for Japanese cell phones: this
 provides posting comments, admin feature, etc.
 To process comments, an indivisual comments-post.php file is needed and it
 includes wp-config.php to use WordPress feature.
 Mobile admin feature also requires wp-config.php like wp-admin/admin.php
 does.

 Therefore, providing wp-content/wp-load.php is good solution for these
 target.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6938#comment:31>