[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #4360: Allow commenting without giving an email address, but still requiring a name

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 15 11:34:05 GMT 2008

#4360: Allow commenting without giving an email address, but still requiring a
name
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jameslab6                |        Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |       Status:  new
Comment (by spencerp):

 Can someone do something with this one? I COULD make a partial up-to-date
 patch for this, it's just where I'd have to make the patch for the update
 the WordPress version that'd throw me off. I'm not sure how to do that.
 The other thing that I'm not sure about, is, the whole thing where the
 current patch wasn't having the "option stick"? =/

 I tested out the current patch, but when choosing "name" for required
 rather then email address, it threw an error and the option wasn't
 "sticking". I put the check mark in the box for "Name" or whatever, hit
 update button and the check mark was no longer in the check box and the
 option wasn't "sticking" like supposed too. Hence for getting the error I
 mentioned above.

 Can someone (with code wisdom) maybe do an up-to-date patch for this and
 perhaps figure out why the patch wasn't working? Like I said, I could make
 an up-to-date partial patch. But I need someone with more coding
 experience to figure out the rest...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4360#comment:12>