[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #4360: Allow commenting without giving an email address, but still requiring a name

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Jan 9 09:08:20 GMT 2008

#4360: Allow commenting without giving an email address, but still requiring a
name
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jameslab6                |        Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |       Status:  new
Comment (by spencerp):

 But as for testing this out on latest trunk, here's what I got:

 Here's what I got so far:

 a) Options don't "stick". I selected to use just commenter name, and hit
 update options button. It's not sticking, the check mark isn't "in" the
 check box after hitting update options... resulting in b)
 b) After submitting the comment, I get following error message: "Error:
 please enter a valid email address."
 c) In wp-comments.post.php file..

 this line needs to changed from:
 wp_die( __( 'Error: please complete the URL field.' );

 to (get rid of syntax error or whatever):
 wp_die( __( 'Error: please complete the URL field.' ) );

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4360#comment:10>